#TSRTC Overview 2015 Formed: The origin of #APSRTC dates back to June 1932, when it was first established as NSR-RTD (Nizam State Rail & Road Transport Department), a wing of Nizam State Railway in the erstwhile Hyderabad State, with 27 buses and 166 employees. During the past 77 years, it has registered a steady growth from 27 to 22,333 buses with 778 bus stations, 216 Depots and 1, 881 bus shelters.
TSRTC Overview 2015
|Sl.No||Type of bus||Number of services|
|1||Vennela (AC Sleeper)||16|
|2||Garuda Plus (AC Semi-Sleeper Multi Axle)||49|
|3||Garuda (AC Semi-Sleeper Volvo / Benz / Isuzu)||116|
|4||Indra (2 + 2 AC Semi-Sleeper)||188|
|5||Super Luxury (2 + 2 Non-AC Pushback)||1979|
|6||Deluxe (2 + 2 Non-AC)||591|
|7||Express (3 + 2 Non-AC)||729|
TSRTC Advance reservation facility is provided for 3,668 services of different types mentioned above. A total of 1.41 lakh seats are offered daily for advance/current reservation.
TSRTC at a Glance Formation
- a) As Department of Nizam State Railway. June 1932.
- b) As Department of Hyderabad State Government. 01-11-1951.
- c) As A. P. S. R. T. C. 11-01-1958.
- Entered Guinness world record for owning largest fleet of buses in 1999.
III. The Trail blazer on the Road
Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation has been leading by an example. It has a number of firsts to its credit in India.
- First to nationalize passenger Road Transport Services in the country-1932.
- First to introduce long distance night express services.
- First to introduce A/C Sleeper, Hi-tech, Metro Liner, Inter-City Services and Metro Express.
- First to introduce Depot computerisation-1986.
- First to appoint Safety Commissioner for improving the safety of the passengers.
- All the 211 Depots in the State are computerized.
- Reservation of tickets on telephone and door delivery of tickets.
- Size at inception (1932).
- a) Number of Buses. 27
- b) Number of Employees. 166
- c) Capital Investment. (Rs. in Lakhs). 3 .93
|V. TSRTC Overview (UPTO JULY 2015)|
|a)||Number of Depots.||95|
|b)||Number of Regions.||11|
|c)||Number of Zones.||3|
|d)||Zonal Work Shops||2|
|e)||Bus Body Building Unit||1|
|f)||Tyre Rtreading Shops||3|
|i)||Staff Training Colleges|